Friday, December 11, 2009

Touch Me Darlin

Well we pretty much cut down 75 songs to 34 songs for the new record. Kinda daunting in a way but a good problem to have I suppose. We're gearing up for our shows next week with Against Me! and then we're gonna regroup in the new year to cut down 34 songs to 20 or so, then hopefully hit the studio.

****I just went to get a birthday gift for my Uncle Ron who has spent the last few restoring a 1964 Ford Falcon that was sitting in a barn in Indiana. I found a book called "The Cobra in the Barn". It's about cars that are in barns and get restored. I went ahead and went with that one.****

I stayed up all night recently writing a song called "Pistol". It's really strange but I'm kind of obsessed with it. I listened to it like 100 times. I always enjoy writing something without much thought, just go go go. And then take a step back and really listen to it.

The songs are starting to work together and the best of them are sticking out strong. Total genre annihilation I say. This is everything we love musically, and what we've experienced in life, and what we're excited about in the future all mixed together.

I'm encouraging anyone who reads this to leave comments. It'll encourage me to post more and better, great grammar hammer.

Heading to Jimmy Kimmel Live in a bit to see our boy Joe play tonight! In the rain!





No comments:

Post a Comment