Saturday, January 23, 2010

saturday night's alright for fighting demons and cunts

I watched the first half of the movie "Moon" last night. I feel like that guy. I've been locked away in my apartment writing and recording and obsessing and second guessing and drinking los angeles tap water courtesy of the brita. Why are we so concerned with drinking clean water? God could tinkle a germ-less, crystal clear stream right into our mouths and we'd still get annoyed over safe drivers and taxes. I want brita to make a filter for the radio and self doubt. If they won't I will. I mean what if I hadn't been at Abe's house the day MTV premiered the Basket Case video by green day? I didn't have cable so I could have missed it. I wouldn't have walked home with the same pep. I wouldn't have walked into my room that day to retrieve the dusty guitar under my bed that I had given up on because 2 guitar lessons made me want to do math homework. If I was 11 years old at Abe's today I'd be forced to watch an episode of Jersey Shore and I could be on my way to an orange skinned creatine date rape nerd punch nightmare backstage at a nickelback concert listening to techno passed out in a bathroom mumbling fragments from some demented catholic prayer and drinking the cleanest water that's ever existed.

We went into the studio to track drums for 10 of the 22 or so songs left in the rudy cant fail bin. We'll do the rest in a few weeks and see where we're at with proper demos. I've grown fond of the 10 song record over the years but this meat factory might need a thicker floor for your love. I'd kill to have it be a double album but unfortunately we're not distributing tanning lotion, bibles, or a device that makes water transparent.

Sorry about the swearing. Must be something in the brita

No comments:

Post a Comment